Wednesday, November 1, 2017

R.I.P. - Player Til I Die / NYC, The Money And The Murder - 1995



12" - 1995 - Life Or Death Records 


First and only 12" vinyl released by R.I.P. (Rest In Peace) in 1995 on his own label Life Or Death Records. This Artist comes from Southside Jamaica Queens, same place as Onyx, Lost Boyz or RUN DMC. The wax is composed of 2 tracks "Player Til I Die" and "N.Y.C., The Money And The Murder"which is the most interesting track on It. 
It features the groups Poorboyz from Hell and SNM (Stick N Move) Lifestyle Livers.





"Dre, Great, Omega Master and Rondu the God, were on the song and Tempest from the group "The Flatliners" was on the hook. I started Life Or Death Records with Mook Diamond and Juan Clarke of "The Flatliners" who is Russell Simmons 's Nephew. We were the first Rap label to push the skull face. 
They moved on and I started Life Or Death Entertainment with Carlton "LORD Puzzle" Preston in 1993. I was 25 years old when I pressed up my first vinyl with Discmakers, I was independent and couldn't get the proper distribution support. I was out of pocket doing it myself." courtesy of Dwayne Smith a.k.a R.I.P.


Me : "Does unreleased stuff exist?"
Dwayne : "Yes plenty of unreleased stuff...


Mad Props to Dwayne Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment