Thursday, September 7, 2017

Jee Van Cleef Presents Orijeenal Blends (CD) - 2017



CD - 2017 - JVC Archives



In 1998, the homie Jee Van Cleef made a 14-tracks tape of blends putting French accapellas over U.S. beats and U.S. accapellas over French beats. He thought he had lost the tape but recently found it back, and decided to remaster it for a CD version.


"I always loved blends, so one night in '98 (yeah, I always mess with music at night, you can consider me a nighthawk), I just tried making a quick tape to bump in my walkman the next day.
The concept was simple: Side A, French voices with U.S. beats / Side B, U.S. voices with French beats. Keep in mind I didn't produce any of these tracks, because some listeners thought I did, I just put together two 12"s using my MK2 turntables and a shitty mixer I had.
It's now 2017 and I'm glad to release this CD version which has been remastered from the original tape and contains the full 14 tracks. Enjoy."






Orders   




No comments:

Post a Comment